Tips for That Perfect Toast
- Don't be long-winded.
- Stand to give a toast; remain seated to receive one.
- Prepare ahead of time; know what you are going to say.
- Mention those you are toasting by name, your relationship to them, and a thought about this wonderful event.
- Add witty anecdotes wherever possible, if they are in good taste.
- Speak slowly and loudly enough for all guests to hear.
- You may want to avoid consuming alcohol before your toast.
- Don't forget to cap off the toast with a hearty ending like "Cheers!"