By Lisa Milbrand
If the women in your wedding already have enough imitation pearl necklaces and monogrammed jewelry boxes for this lifetime, we suggest you put your mind where your maids are?as in, use some brain power and select gifts that reflect their personalities and interests. (The gifts don’t all have to be the same, you know.) Use this list of our 25 favorites for inspiration.
About the Author
- Aromatherapy candles that fit in with each of their lifestyles (tranquility, energizing, de-stressing).
- Beautiful hair jewelry, like a butterfly barrette or rhinestone bobby pins.
- A small box of decadent chocolates.
- Perfume and a dainty atomizer.
- All the fixings for a luxurious bubble bath. (Don’t forget the rubber ducky!)
- A day of horseback riding (or kayaking or roller-skating, etc.).
- Gorgeous candlesticks and candles that fit their décor (there are so many out there to choose from!).
- Cooking, art or ceramics classes (fun for the creative types, and relaxing for those who are highly stressed).
- A pair of margarita glasses, and a good bottle of tequila-and limes, of course!
- For a business traveler, a tiny blow dryer and mini sizes of all her favorite toiletries (even the expensive ones she’d never buy for herself).
- A deluxe set of designer makeup brushes for the beauty aficionado.
- A fine linen handkerchief (for all those happy tears she’ll shed at your wedding).
- A gourmet gift basket (include a tiny cookbook and all the ingredients to make a few recipes).
- Découpage a shoebox with memorabilia: old photos, ticket stubs from movies you saw together and snippets from letters. Fill it with sweets oranother treat.
- Concert tix for a favorite band.
- Manicures and pedicures all around! (Great to give before the wedding.)
- A precious evening bag?and not necessarily one for the wedding.
- A subscription to a “___ of the month” club. From flowers to wine, there’s one for every passion (and budget).
- Gourmet coffees or teas in a fun, jumbo-sized cup and saucer.
- A beautiful hand-blown vase or other artful object.
- Lingerie (they’ll never expect it).
- For a movie nut, a small collection of her favorite videos, some microwave popcorn and a video guidebook. (Don’t forget the Junior Mints!)
- A lovely photo frame and a promise for a wedding photograph of the two of you.
- Classy stationery?splurge on a monogram if there’s time.
- Still stumped? How about a gift certificate for a day-spa treatment or two? It’s a gift that never misses.
Lisa Milbrand is a frequent contributor to Modern Bride magazine.